Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena lenses Issue date by serial number
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this old brass lens, Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 1:4.5 F= 16.5cm Nr.864011. It don't look 1960s according to the list. It was mounted on a wooden board and says to come from wooden large format camera. Anyone can help to shed light on this? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you using as a reference Krisgage?

Wiki would make this a 1927/'28 lens. They use 'Wilkinson, M, and C Glanfield. 2001. A Lens Collector's Vade Mecum,...'

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Carl_Zeiss_serial_numbers

Without a picture, I would have plumped for a Series 1c, but I've only seen them painted, not brass.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject: protar serial before 1912 Reply with quote

hello
I just found a protar 183mm with a serial 76XXX
is it possible this is one before 1912 ?
thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 7:19 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Doppel-Amatar serial number Reply with quote

I don't know if you can help but I have a Zeiss Ikon ICA Nixe 555/1 camera which features a CZJ Doppel-Amatar 13.5cm f6.3 lens with a serial number: 373263

It falls outside the numbers shown in the first post - is it likely to be from 1919 or 1920 - or something completely different? Fingers crossed that a little light can be shone on the enigma.