Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Athens 2014 Panos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Athens 2014 Panos Reply with quote

Just came back from a trip to Athens and Poros island, and tried some panos there...
(click on image to see a much larger version...)

Akropolis and Athens

HDR version

Akropolis Museum

Piraeus

Poros Island seen from Galatas

Poros Island Askeli Bay

Athens International Airport

Besides the bad weather, we had a great time and met wonderful friends there who treated us with utmost hospitality and friendship...

We'll be back for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning results Klaus, as usual!
Nice to see the bad weather you put up with didn't affect your pic taking mood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great panos. Impressed!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Klaus. What equipment did you use? I'm pondering about investing in a pano head.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Interestingly enough it was my iPhone5 that I used in pano mode Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very expressive panos.
I love the first 2, with the old Akropolis still guarding Athens destiny after so many centuries. In the second one the HDR increases the dramatic nature - a very expressive approach.

I planned a longer, wandering trip to Greece for this autumn too, but I had to cancel it. I'm quite sad about that. Let's hope next autumn I'll find the time to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dan_ wrote:
Very expressive panos.
I love the first 2, with the old Akropolis still guarding Athens destiny after so many centuries. In the second one the HDR increases the dramatic nature - a very expressive approach.

I planned a longer, wandering trip to Greece for this autumn too, but I had to cancel it. I'm quite sad about that. Let's hope next autumn I'll find the time to do it.

Thanks Dan! That pano was taken from Areopagos hill and it has a great view indeed and teh not so good weather had some impressive clouds,
which then could be enhanced using HDR like methods in PS Express on my iPhone, which I quite like.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series but the best for me is the first (all: composition,angle,exposure,detail)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Teo!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Thanks guys! Interestingly enough it was my iPhone5 that I used in pano mode Laughing

That makes this post go under Autofocus Forum, yes?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
kds315* wrote:

That makes this post go under Autofocus Forum, yes?

It was manually focused Wink