Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta W.Rokkor-SG f3,5/28mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Minolta W.Rokkor-SG f3,5/28mm Reply with quote

Did a very quick test on this lens yesterday. Due to dim light and lack of time I was only able to get some plants and cats shot Very Happy . Will post more pics later on. All shot wide open, with minor PP.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good lens indeed. On FF it is a good WA except in the extreme corners.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best 28's without spending a lot more money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! I bought the same lens for peanuts at the local charity store but never got around to buying an adapter. I was going to sell it but maybe I should reconsider hmmm...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, buy a Minolta SR adapter. It is a good investment.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I'm trying buy fewer lenses and gear, not more!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with that. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:

Yea, good luck with that Very Happy. The lens is a decent performer. I k ow it's a wide-angle, but I would like to see better bokeh. My shots where made from up to 1m, but if get back just a bit, the pics become rather boring. It' s an awesome indoor lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:

Yea, good luck with that Very Happy. The lens is a decent performer. I know it's a wide-angle, but I would like to see better bokeh. My shots where made from up to 1m, but if get back just a bit, the pics become rather boring. It' s an awesome indoor lens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudolfkremers wrote:
Looks good! I bought the same lens for peanuts at the local charity store but never got around to buying an adapter. I was going to sell it but maybe I should reconsider hmmm...

Try it, you'll like it. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use mine enough.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I don't use mine enough.

It's probably that kind of lens, it's very good but not outstanding in any way. I've got 5 Minolta mount 28's - and my go to lens is the Vivitar S1. VMC 28 / 1.9, which I adore. But it doesn't make the Rokkor a bad lens, far from it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
I don't use mine enough.

It's probably that kind of lens, it's very good but not outstanding in any way. I've got 5 Minolta mount 28's - and my go to lens is the Vivitar S1. VMC 28 / 1.9, which I adore. But it doesn't make the Rokkor a bad lens, far from it.

Exactly my point.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should compare it to your Rokkor X 2.8 on your Minolta.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
You should compare it to your Rokkor X 2.8 on your Minolta.

I sold my 2.8 28mm...need to update the list below.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:

Yeah, Vivitar's early Series 1 lenses are rather special. I couldn't find much difference between my MD28/2 (10/9 version) and the 28/1.9.
It's too bad that the S1 primes have gathered a reputation now, I'm not sure they're worth the prices they currently go for. (I've had and sold the 28/1.9, 135/2.3 & 200/3.0, I only kept the 90/2.5)

Artaphot.ch has a good comparison of the 28mm Minoltas:
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fartaphot.ch%2Fminolta-sr%2Fobjektiv-vergleiche%2F330-nex-5n-und-28mm-objektive

The MC 28/2.5 and the redesigned MD 28/2 (the "plain MD" 9/9 version) are probably Minolta's best 28s.