Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 44m-7 and 5d3?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Helios 44m-7 and 5d3? Reply with quote

Hello!
New to the forum here. Made a post regarding tips on good affordable lenses to start with. Since I didn't get much of an answer I have been digging through the vast interwebs for answers. I have my sore eyes on the Helios 44m7 as a good starter lens, but have in the process of digesting grotesque amounts of forum threads read about lens rears hitting the mirror of canon full frames. As this is equal to hurting my very soul I would be rather pleased if it could be avoided. Since I am no engineer I would also be most delighted not to be forced to perform surgery on the lens. During my time spent swimming through the information regarding h44:s I have only stumbledupon ONE person claiming with absolute certainty that there should be no problem with either 44m-6 or 44-m7, which leaves me little insurance to make a purchase.

Thus, the question is: will infinity focus be a problem on my 5d mark III?

Kind regards
Emil.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this person has the lens and the camera, is not it enough ?
You do not need many feedbacks , you need a good one.

By the way, I asked the same question about the 6D and the SMC Takumar 1.4 50 ( M42) and I am still waiting for a user's opinion.

About the quality , which is not your question, don't expect a good corners performance of the Helios on FF. But this lens has other advantages.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:

By the way, I asked the same question about the 6D and the SMC Takumar 1.4 50 ( M42) and I am still waiting for a user's opinion.

I can perhaps inform you on that. My Super-Takumar 50/1.4 has some mirror issues on my 6D.
I use a Big_is adapter and it does slightly hit the mirror, but does not really lock onto the lens.

I should test with live-view if the mirror stills hit the lens at it's true infinity setting (instead of just the focus ring turned till it's stops).
Perhaps I will do that this weekend and report back.