Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujian 35mm f1.7 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Fujian 35mm f1.7 lens Reply with quote

A friend lent me his 'Special Effects' Fujian CCTV lens to try on my Lumix . . . all thse photos at f1.7

Ohhhh dear, not very good for this sort of thing -

But not too bad for these subjects -

Not bad value for about GB £17 complete with an M4/3 adapter Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly! You summarize it well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more about the lens

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of field curvature in this lens. Stick to subjects in the centre and it will be a fun lens.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that shows what it can do,not as bad as I first thought. You portrayed its abilities very well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Fujian 25/1.4 and it seems to have more smotth bokeh but higher vignetting on m4/3.
I'll show some shots later.

As to build quality, it is awful. I managed to break it right after unpacking. While I was screwing it into the mount, some part of it became unscrewed and fell down to the floor. Glass went out etc.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two outdoor shots have had their contrast levels perked up a little. The lens is a bit lacking in that department, and it flares dreadfully with a strong light source just outside the field. Mechanically, this one feels solid and has a perfectly circular iris. I wonder if 'Fujian' is just a distributor's brand so that lenses from different makers turn up under the same name . . . ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
I wonder if 'Fujian' is just a distributor's brand so that lenses from different makers turn up under the same name . . . ?

There are already a lot of noname lenses which just copy the Fujian ones. I can't be completely sure but it seems to me that different makers can't be under Fujian name. It's rather the opposite: same maker can be under different names.

It looks like Fujian is an emerging Chinese lens maker while other noname ones are just its clones coming from one unknown source. Maybe Fujian is the source, maybe not.