Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sony a7 battery charging
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject: sony a7 battery charging Reply with quote

hello

i get a sony a7 since one month and i always charge the battery with a sony nex 5n battery charger.
Today i try the sony a7 charger that i get in the box:
- plug the usb into the sony a7 : nothink happen
- plug the usb into the sony a7 and turn it on : i got a message that the peripheral is not detect
- i try another usb charger and same think Sad

how to use the official charger and what should happen please ( i don't see any light on the charger )

( the data transfer work without problem with the usb to pc )

thanks a lot

Alain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the dedicated usb-cord in the camera. Then put the other end in an USB socket. Do not turn the camera on. Wait a bit, and a small orange light on the camera will turn on. It indicates that the unit is charging.

It is probably that waiting bit you have missed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first I thought this was an absurd way of doing things. Then I did some research and realised that not all USB ports are equal. The one on the little unit is 1A. If you use a 2.1A it will charge much faster.

Then I got a Jupio Power Vault JPV0040 and is quite happy with this USB-charging thing. My biggest concern is that the usb socket in the camera will wear out. I does not look sturdy enough.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep shame on Sony, that they do no deliver a separate charging unit with the A7(r)!
Mass production of such a unit is question of pennies.... Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks;

It works !
i don't left it an enough long time and i loocked at the led beside the battery to power up, I didn't see the led next the micro usb jack.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: A7R Battery Charging Reply with quote

I have had an A7R since last year. The battery life is appalling but I didn't realise how bad until today.

I hadn't used the camera for many months. It was left with Meike battery grip, holding a second battery, fitted. So the camera had two batteries, both of which will have had plenty of charge left after the last use.

I have a mains socket with two USB ports. Previously, I have connected one to the camera charging socket and the other to an external charger. I did this today but could not get a charging light at the camera socket. The camera would not give any display when switched on.

After some swapping round of batteries/leads/USB sockets I solved the problem. A partly charged battery from the external charger got the camera to come on. It wanted the date set. It has reverted to factory settings.

Having entered the date, I tried the charging to camera USB again and the light by the camera socket came on and stayed on.

Harold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, have the A7r. If it weren't for the quality of the sensor and the adaptability of other lens mounts, I would have sold it long ago. The battery life is terrible. I now have 5 batteries for a full day out, and a car charger for when I'm out on the prairie. The good news (?) is that third party batteries and wall-mounted chargers are cheap. Shame on Sony.