Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Torture test - Russar 20mm - A7 II vs A7r III
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Torture test - Russar 20mm - A7 II vs A7r III Reply with quote

I newly acquired a A7R III on work and I brought it out to test it against my A7II. The m39 Russar 20mm was horrible on the first gen A7R I had. See picture below:

Lets see how the Russar does on A7II and A7R III.

A7II

Lots of stuff still going on. Heavy vignetting, color cast etc. But still slightly better than A7R (first gen.)

A7R III

Much better!

Let's see some 100% crops. (I downscaled the A7R III pictures to 24mp). Center and towards the edge.

Click for 100%

The center sharpness on the A7R III blows my mind. Smearing is still an issue, and there are some sign of greenish color cast left in the corners, but this is also a very challenging lens, far beyond most other RF lenses.
With an Kolari upgrade you could probably get a quite nice combo with rangefinder lenses now that also give decent results on compact wider lenses with symmetrical design. Only drawback is the skyhigh pricetag Wink All pictures where jpg straight from the cameras.

https://kolarivision.com/product/sony-a7-series-thin-filter-legacy-lens-upgrade/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for test results!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintage lenses... the gifts that just keep on giving! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a few basic adjustments in the RAW file from A7R III:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

impressive Like 1