Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Makinon 200mm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Makinon 200mm f/3.5 Reply with quote

At any time I see the "Makinon" brand, I think of a bad (or very bad) lens, according with my experience with some I got in the past, (specially the mirror 500mm f8 ). So when I saw this one my first feeling was to say NO!. But I looked at the lens, it was clear and seemes to be well built, it had no fungus nor dust inside, big diameter on the front lens, had an embedded shade... At the end I decided to give it a try and I'm more than happy with the results.

This is the lens:

I did some testing with my Sony A3000. Most are taken at ISO400 and this needs a bit of noise removal, otherwise results are very good stright from the camera.

This might be @f/3.5 This bokeh is not bad to my taste:

A bit more nervous bokeh in this one:

Busy bokeh but not so harsh:

Focus on the small flowers:

Letting aside the weight and the MD mount, it's a very nice contender for my other 200mm.