Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Monkeys at Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Monkeys at Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur Reply with quote

Probably one of the most photographed monkeys on the planet judging by the amount of people there, but anyway...

I´m looking for both critique and advice on PP software, also some advice on what could be done to add to the pictures. Is there an usefull alternative to Lightroom and PS? I´ve read about GIMP but it seems some people really thrash it...

I have no prior experience working with postprocessing so its a bit hard to know what I need Confused .

They´re all taken with an SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8 on a Nex-6, no postprocessing or cropping. Jpeg straight out of cam.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

about processing, I suggest to increase contras a bit.
I tend to care more about how to shoot animal. like person portrait It's better to place the eye as point of interest. In 2nd picture it will be great if monkey is look at camera. IMHO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated!

I did get a shot with one of the monkeys looking in to the camera, the reason I liked this was because of the movement in it. But the more I look at them side by side i feel like the one with eyecontact has more life to it.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee-pro-7

Very affordable now, 64 USD only, I use it long time ago , perfect for casual shoots.