Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Auto Rikenon 1.7/50 - ouch!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Auto Rikenon 1.7/50 - ouch! Reply with quote

Mo suggested this lens and I am soooo happy that I took her advice.
Here ye be..........
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you and Mo. That is a beautiful set.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Where did you find it? and if I may ask, what are those flowers especially the last two,I have some but can never remember the full name...hippy somethings?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kenetic - cheap and wonderful.
It is the M42 version.

mo wrote:
Embarassed Where did you find it? and if I may ask, what are those flowers especially the last two,I have some but can never remember the full name...hippy somethings?

Found it on a Singlex - like you said Mo.
The flowers are Hippeastrum:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippeastrum
They come in a variety of colours from white to red in my experience, and are beautiful at this time of year.
Ours are late.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thank you,They are fantastic flowers,I was lucky as my neigbour gave me some and they flowered not soon after. Find the right camera and most times you find the right lens. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a bushfire of sorts nearby from a controlled burn by the Forestry Dept.
Here are some piccies to show this lens at the other end of the focus and aperture scales.
First one from our front verandah, the others are closer to the fire.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if it is a controlled burn it still brings a little fear with it,they are all great images.There is a lot of grass around down here not looking forward to summer.

I may have to take my Rikenon out for a spin,as its been made redundant with all my other lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH,

Anything special or just a day-by-day Rikenon M42? Never paid attention to this lens and after this series I'm changing my opinion,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
OH,

Anything special or just a day-by-day Rikenon M42? Never paid attention to this lens and after this series I'm changing my opinion,

Cheers,

Renato

Thanks Renato.
Just a plain-jane Auto Rikenon in M42 as far as I know.
Here 'tis:
OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH,

Thank you, the lens looks amazing fitted in your camera!
I'll take a look at ebay for a copy,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend the 1.9 over the 1.7 - it and its twin the Chinon 1.9/50 are rather excellent lenses. Not that there is anything wrong with the 1.7.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mos6502 wrote:
I would recommend the 1.9 over the 1.7 - it and its twin the Chinon 1.9/50 are rather excellent lenses. Not that there is anything wrong with the 1.7.

Is there such a lens from Rikenon?
I know of a 50mm f2 in both M42 and PK mount but have not heard of a 1.9/50 Rikenon before.
Of course the Chinon is available in 1.9/50 and is well regarded as you say.
Happy snaps
OH

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:

Just a plain-jane Auto Rikenon in M42 as far as I know.
Here 'tis:
OH

I can be wrong of course but I think it's the same lens as Yashica DX and it's made by Tomioka.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dimitrygo and OH,

Crossing the fingers for this, would be great if I could put the same lens in the MKII and the 167MT...
Any info about this would be very much appreciated,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ dimitrygo - It is a very nice lens with good results and an early Rikenon, so maybe made by another - Tomioka would be nice, but the results are what I am pleased about. Thank you Mo.

RSalles wrote:
dimitrygo and OH,

Crossing the fingers for this, would be great if I could put the same lens in the MKII and the 167MT...
Any info about this would be very much appreciated,

Cheers,

Renato

It is a standard M42 mount with auto/manual switch Renato, so should not pose any problems for you if your cameras will take M42.
Cheers
Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH,

The 167MT is a Contax camera with a bayonet C/Y mount. If M42, I have to use a M42-EOS for the Canon, and a M42-C/Y for the Contax.
If there is a Rikenon in C/Y mount, no need of adapter to shot film with the Contax 167MT (apart that, I think the camera will recognize the Max aperture also, making metering more precise).
If the only mount is M42, I can live with it, using both adapters and a manual light meter for film,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
OH,

The 167MT is a Contax camera with a bayonet C/Y mount. If M42, I have to use a M42-EOS for the Canon, and a M42-C/Y for the Contax.
If there is a Rikenon in C/Y mount, no need of adapter to shot film with the Contax 167MT (apart that, I think the camera will recognize the Max aperture also, making metering more precise).
If the only mount is M42, I can live with it, using both adapters and a manual light meter for film,

Cheers,

Renato

Ah - OK I see.
The Ricoh Rikenons were all M42 until they changed to PK mount.
AFAIK Rikenons were not made for anyone else's lens/camera mount.
Of course, some were re-branded as Sears in both M42 and PK mount but no other mounts I think.
As has been mentioned, early Rikenons were made for them by someone else - and the suspicion has often fallen on Tomioka.
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This page always helps with what mounts they came in,I have posted it before but its always good to get it out there again,many thanks to the Gentleman who takes care of this Ricoh website
http://www.drricoh.de/Rikenon/index.html#RikenonlensUnknownMount

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
This page always helps with what mounts they came in,I have posted it before but its always good to get it out there again,many thanks to the Gentleman who takes care of this Ricoh website

Thanks Mo.
So apart from M42 and PK there were some Rikenons in Nikon F, Leica M and T mount.
Interesting.
Not this lens however from the looks, and no mention of a 1.9/50 that I can see.
Gratias Mo
OH

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more to finish.
Just stopped down slightly - f4 I think.
OH

and 100% crop of above:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
mo wrote:

Thanks Mo.
So apart from M42 and PK there were some Rikenons in Nikon F, Leica M and T mount
OH

It is actually not exactly Nikon F mount but some variant of it. It was used on early Singlex camera and lenses. Nikon lenses can be mounted on this camera but Rikenon lenses cannot be mounted on most Nikon cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was one going on EBAY for like 5€ some days ago. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought another one (for a good price Very Happy ) and just for interests sake it has a slightly different styling than my other one.My 28759 serial lens has a silver mount ring and smaller neater writing around the name ring,the new lens with the serial of 37042 has a larger font on the name ring and a all black mount end.both have yellowed glass or possible amber coating.I'll post up some images soon....my newer lens also has a filter ring jammed on the front,its proving a pita to remove it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word is out Mo thanks to you.
My son has recently also acquired one of these lenses and is as delighted as we are
Very Happy
OH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't keep my mouth shut,naw it's a good lens and most likely is already well known.Taken at F8 on the pentax K-01