Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon 57mm f1.2 night portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon 57mm f1.2 night portrait Reply with quote

Made right before total darkness did come, wide open.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having no experience but knowing what it takes to focus super-fast lens so perfect, when and where no other lens can do it, all I can think of to say is to repeat

kds315* wrote:
Well done!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!, 1.2 is very hard in model shooting, need very experienced model who not move at all and very easy to make tons of crap images due limited DOF.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done Attila, perfect focussing. I guess it's easier to find a patient model if you promise her a fur coat! Smile

I see lighting from the left side. What did you use?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Nicely done Attila, perfect focussing. I guess it's easier to find a patient model if you promise her a fur coat! Smile

I see lighting from the left side. What did you use?

Smile she did use this fur coat all time in her childhood we did discover it again at their parents house and perfect company for cold days. I did use my usual lighting two flashes two umbrellas.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not easy to take eyes from the young lady.
But if if You're powerful enough, take a look at the shape of the lights in background:
The more far we look at the left side the lights are deformed to the left and vice versa.
Caused by vignetting of an ultra fast lens?

But now eyes back to the lady! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duckrider wrote:
But if if You're powerful enough, take a look at the shape of the lights in background:
The more far we look at the left side the lights are deformed to the left and vice versa.
Caused by vignetting of an ultra fast lens?

Thats part of the charm of the Konica 57mm f1.2. When the lens is wide open, the coupling 'shadows' part of the image circle causing the deformed or clipped out of focus highlights. Much more on the lens here - http://www.buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e57_12.html

Been wondering how the lens works as an 85mm. Awesomely evidently Very Happy