Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portraits and later possibly butterflies with Biometar 120
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Portraits and later possibly butterflies with Biometar 120 Reply with quote

The lens itself reminds me of Triotar 135, draws bokeh in kind of a similar way and is equally sharp

Haven't noticed any obvious aberrations so far, unlike Triotar, the lens is not long but very fat

I traded this lens for my Telemegor 180 at least for a couple of weeks to achieve some butterfly photos with something new after more than half of a year Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in P6 mount? thats my favorite telephoto lens. lovely shots, but they appear tinted green on my monitor.
tony

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like these. Looks a bit tinted but it could be the light.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the lens bokeh bubbles.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm still learning with.

There's actually not much (color) PP, except some sharpening and "shadow mode" in my camera, so I presume I just caught an interesting, or maybe a bit weird, light. I set +/-1 here or there in Adobe PS, but that's nothing.

The lens itself seems to have sharpness of Triotar Very Happy, but when testing on butterflies also showed a certain shallowness like Trioplan has, but smaller amount. Draws bokeh a bit like Triotar too, but maybe in a more interesting way and Biometar's 120/2.8 is obviously better for me.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you may want to just try a simple white balance adjustment, i think youll like the result.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a little yellowgreen overtuning...
but really fine: subject sharpness, bokeh special quality, general effect/composition.
All the best,
Sandro