Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Prakticar 300/4 MC -- Sonnar? Tessar? Pentacon?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: CZJ Prakticar 300/4 MC -- Sonnar? Tessar? Pentacon? Reply with quote

What little info there is about this PB mount lens on the Internet, there's nothing definitive. Some say it's a Sonnar, others say it's a modified Tessar, still others say it's a re-branded Meyer/Pentacon from the later East German combine where lens identities were sometimes blurred.

I say it's a mystery but a darn good chunk of glass regardless, even on my old back-up 450D body. I definitely see some classic Zeiss goodness here. What do you say? Any info to share?

The first is a shot of the lens. The rest are what I took with it, all shown full-frame (except the last one) and handheld.

f/8

f/5.6

f/4

f/4 (A little bruise on the forehead from a fall)

f/5.6

f/5.6 (Going for the colors here, and it captured them perfectly.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I am not sure of the parentage.
I have the Pentacon 4/300 and it is a fine lens but it is different from that one.
Nonetheless, yours is excellent.
The definition is very nice indeed
OH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is certain that this is a good lens.

Our memeber Koji have posted the optical scheme on pbase.
http://www.pbase.com/kkawakami/image/58601510

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like a pretty good lens! Congratulations.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I know this seems to be derived from the 4/300 mm Sonnar in M42/M42electric.
So basically a Sonnar 4/300 mm in Pratica B-Mount.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Sonnar.Very nice pictures frenched Very Happy