Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Controversy ay my Club about photo --
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Controversy ay my Club about photo -- Reply with quote

I entered a 'Projected Image' competiton at Brentwood Photo-Club with a scanned negative I took testing a Yashica 80-200mm zoom lens on a Contax RTSII Quartz I was given and it caused 'E-mails to the Committee' as they said I was breaking Club Rules about using photos of 'Posters, Clip-Art, downloads from Internet' which are not allowed BUT I put in a PRINT taken on the London Leica Meet last April showing a'poster' and that didn't cause any complaint - probably because it didn't WIN a place unlike the Specs Girl' one which got a 'First' -- what do YOU think -- is it breach of Copyright -- I was told by Vice-Chairman that companies have 'software' that scan the internet to find their posters used by other people and I could get a HUGE BILL in the post !

Here is the photo that got a FIRST Award-- it is a poster behind a fountain outside Brentwood Sainsbury's Superstore.

Here is the 'poster pic' taken in London on the Leica Meet that didn't win ----

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are complaining that you took a photo of a poster?

My only thoughts are, if it's in the actual rules that you can't include any photos of posters ,then it seems like you broke the rule.Both however have something else that is interesting (makes the image I believe) other than the poster...so I don't know how you should be judged... Smile your added creativity v a strange competition rule.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the rules about copyright and as I see it, the first photo uses another person's photo as the subject, but the second uses it purely as 'frame'. Different. I'd have banned no.1 using the club rules.

my fave poster pic