Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 200mm F/4.5 Two Window Preset Lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 200mm F/4.5 Two Window Preset Lens Reply with quote

A Very unusual and rare Vivitar 250mm f/4.5 Preset Two Window Lens. Called a two window because of the cut outs in the bright band sections for focus indicating and aperture reading. It is a T-mount lens with an adapter to M42 universal thread mount. Very light weight for it's size and very well constructed. A nice lens but long. The manufacturer is still in doubt. If you collect Vivitars this is one you need.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

Some photos.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BD.
This was Id'ed some time ago as a Norita I believe.
Quite uncommon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Dawg, fer shure:

This came up while you were away. Even referenced your old thread, which is the signature thread for this lens. While you were gone another forum member actually bought this lens with the Noritar insignia instead of Vivitar. And a chap in Europe admitted to having (virtually) given one of these away as part of a large group of lenses. Amazing stuff!

Sadly these days, around here, this lens is recognized as being made of "unobtainium". I search for a copy literally every day of my life. You are one really fortunate guy! Congrats! Your lens is a truly beautiful copy. And lemmie tell you, Tokina did not make that lens! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes...I need to stay up on these more often. Things are done while I'm away!! LOL Norita huh. Interesting and very very rare,

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Ah yes...I need to stay up on these more often. Things are done while I'm away!! LOL Norita huh. Interesting and very very rare,

Yup

Here is a link to the thread that happened a bit earlier this year, back in May:

http://forum.mflenses.com/noritar-250mm-f-4-5-t66049,highlight,%2Bnoritar.html

This post, the ninth post in that thread, references your own pioneering thread from back in 2010, another of your threads pertaining to this lens, and one or two other interesting references:

http://forum.mflenses.com/noritar-250mm-f-4-5-t66049.html#1387381

All the attention is well deserved. Norita, after all, is lens royalty!!

Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing what the small number of Noritars for 35mm out there go for. I guess I'll just need to enjoy this lens through Big Dawg's wonder photos.