Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Testing the Seagull-610 f1.8/50mm, MD lens.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Testing the Seagull-610 f1.8/50mm, MD lens. Reply with quote

I got this lens in a small antique shop almost 2 years ago, however I never got to use it on my digital camera. The lens itself is very similar to Minolta Rokkor f1.7/50 ( I believe it was copied from it ), but you can feel that the plastic-like construction which is not very nice.
The lens:

I found the lens to be an OK performer, as you would expect from a cheap, fast, 50mm lens. It flair`ed easily, contrast was average and so was the sharpness, but I did love the bokeh.

I made some test shots with it. 1st is wide open, then f5.6 and f8. ISO was 200 and no PP was added.

After making these quick shots, I turned my attention to my cat`s, that found the open window very interesting Smile. I enhanced contrast just a bid on these.

f2.8

f1.8

~f2-2.8

f1.8

You can surely make nice pictures with it, but it does lack some things that, for instance, the MD f1.7/50 does offer, so I`d go for it instead.

Hope you liked it Smile .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like these look-at-the-bokehs photos. Smile

This is a kit lens comes with the Seagull DF-2 camera. It is no surprise the Rokkor will be far more superior than this lens. The coating of these old Chinese lens is pretty weak and they tend to flare easily.