Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fotosniper trigger electronic mod wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Fotosniper trigger electronic mod wanted Reply with quote

Well, I've tried a few 300's and despite my believing my Sigma 70-300AF being the best, I have bought a Tair 3 PhS and fotosniper kit, almost everyone recommends this lens.

Its all in great condition and focus and aperture work well.

Now, I read somewhere that someone modded one to use an electronic release, I'd love to use it with my Sony A6000 or NEX5. Can anyone help me

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what you are looking for?(Also see more links below)
http://forum.mflenses.com/adapting-a-photosniper-to-a-canon-eos-by-thierry-hacquard-t55797,highlight,%2Bphoto+%2Bsniper.html

Congratulations on the new lens BTW.

More links:http://forum.mflenses.com/photosniper-goes-digital-t52467.html
http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/cameras/canon_100d_photosniper.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy3fYDQh-X8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, it looks like a simple mod, I'll get a few parts then do a step by step how I did it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Great, it looks like a simple mod, I'll get a few parts then do a step by step how I did it.

I will interested to see your step by step explanation, glad if I could be of some help.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has that been used Phil - it looks minty. Cool Lovely bit of kit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Has that been used Phil - it looks minty. Cool Lovely bit of kit.

Its got a bit of a scrape on one side, but nothing serious, the paint is intact. the lens is minty and aperture and focus is very smooth. The stock and everything look in unused condition. Its got all the bits except the camera and its standard lens, but for what I paid, I'm not bothered.

I wondered what the two extra straps were for, then via a manual from Butkus I discovered they were to turn the metal case into a backpack!

I discovered that the Sony A6000 and my Nikon D3200 both use a similar simple remote, its just a matter of shorting two pins on the connector plug. I've ordered a couple of leads and will use a small micro switch in the stock connected to a 3.5mm stereo socket.

I'll try to build it into the stock without any mod, but a small 4.2mm hole may be necessary.

I will report back.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

which Zenit was the standard in the kit? I've got a boxful of the old junk - sorry, valuable collectibles. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
which Zenit was the standard in the kit? I've got a boxful of the old junk - sorry, valuable collectibles. Laughing

The most common one I saw sold in the UK was the E, but I've seen FS kits sold with the successor to the E, and oddly, because of unsold stock, there were still lots of E-based kits on sale long after the E had gone.
I have a distinct memory of the FS kit being sold by TOE for £30-ish, in about 1972.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Photosniper kit were sold with Zenit ES (S for photosniper) or 12XPS (or 12S). S is written C in russian.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

The most common one I saw sold in the UK was the E, but I've seen FS kits sold with the successor to the E, and oddly, because of unsold stock, there were still lots of E-based kits on sale long after the E had gone.
I have a distinct memory of the FS kit being sold by TOE for £30-ish, in about 1972.

I remember the Zenit E and Helios lens being sold for that much in about 1972, thats when I bought mine. I'm pretty sure the sniper was about £60.

Hi Dave, which ever Zenit it is, it should have a protuberance on the bottom designed to slot into a holder on the stock, you can't miss it. Even if you have one I'm not that interested to be honest, but I'm pretty sure it will have a premium on it on ebay, as it is the sniper model.

There is room in the case for any of my other cameras attached to the lens and the cup for the 58mm lens is great for storing stuff like the lead I'm going to make. I may use a b&W film in my Canon EOS 1000 atached to it, just to try out the filters.

It has a mount that looks like a t-mount, now that needs investigating! I may as well do it while this bloody forum is playing up.

A Zenit ES for your information: Take a look at the crypto museum, some interesting cameras on it. http://www.cryptomuseum.com/covert/camera/index.htm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

I remember the Zenit E and Helios lens being sold for that much in about 1972, thats when I bought mine. I'm pretty sure the sniper was about £60.

Yep, £30 for the E is right enough, but while the full price of the FS kit could well have been £60 at the time, I'm probably mis-placing a later offer when they were clearing them out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farside wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

Yep, £30 for the E is right enough, but while the full price of the FS kit could well have been £60 at the time, I'm probably mis-placing a later offer when they were clearing them out.

If I'd known then it was good I may well have bought one at clearance price. But in the 70's Russian stuff was regarded as bottom of the heap that even Praktica users turned their noses up at. Mind you, many of the lenses had bad edge distortion that crop sensors miss.