Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

superia 800, iso rating
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: superia 800, iso rating Reply with quote

Hi,
I am just sharing in someone wants to look for more information.
Typically I shoot superia, 200, 400 and I also tried 800.
I like to overexpose a bit my film with 1/3 of stop. So as I tried 800 I thought I could try the same by setting my iso in my camera 640... The results I get are a bit overexposed.. which typically I do not see when I apply the same technique with 200 or 400 film. Next time I will shoot it where it really is iso 800.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am posting back some shots of my first superia iso 800 film.

These are my comments.
I found that the iso box rating is very accurate. Typically I light t slight overexpose.. This one I was shooting at 640 iso instead of 800. In most of my shots I had to dial exposure down in lightroom. Next time I will shoot it at 800.

Is the film grainy? Yes it is and I liked it
Do the colors are a bit muted? Yes they are but I also liked it.
Why iso 800.. For my style of shooting.. high shutter speeds with deep depth of field I think is the answer I am looking for.

Regards
Alex