Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 50mm f1.4 on Canon 10D focus stacking
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Nikon 50mm f1.4 on Canon 10D focus stacking Reply with quote

First try focus stacking, wide open. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first attempt,i remember it well and then I bought this....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile Wow, cool tool ! I did it using a tripod and a remote. Turned the focus with my right hand and did the remote with my left hand.

I have a remote with a timer that I will try next.

I did not think the old 1967 lens was of much use wide open on the 10D. Wrong. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Great first attempt,i remember it well and then I bought this....

I use the manual approach too but would LOVE to have the Stack Shot. Unfortunately I don't really do enough focus stacking to justify the price.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Kryss, I have the same StackShot system, but it sits around unused....
Great technique for sure (guess you use Zerene?), just not my style anymore Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys,mine has paid for itself many times over and still use it for some larger prints especially when I cannot shoot outside due to our inclement winters.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Klaus,yes I use Zerene stacking software.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Great Kryss, I have the same StackShot system, but it sits around unused....
Great technique for sure (guess you use Zerene?), just not my style anymore Wink

My style is to sell not used stuff on ebay. Smile One of those used sells for more than all my camera stuff put together. Smile