Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EBC FUJINON (M42 Mount vs X-Mount) Which one is better ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:17 am    Post subject: EBC FUJINON (M42 Mount vs X-Mount) Which one is better ? Reply with quote

I want to buy the EBC Fujinon 24mm 2.8 lens but i noticed that it comes in M42 Mount and in X-mount, and in terms of pricing their is a huge difference. So my question is, which one is better ? Do they both produce same image quality ? Do they both have same color rendering ? Are they both as sharp wide opened ? I am really interested in knowing this.

And also, do all Fujinon M42 mount lenses outperforms the X-Mount ones ? Becuase i notice that all the m42 ones always cost more than the x-mount ones. Why do M42 Fujinon lenses cost more than the X-mount ones ?

Example:

EBC Fujinon 24mm 2.8 M42 Mount Lens ($385)

EBC Fujinon 24mm 2.8 X-Mount Lens ($185)

Why is this ?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

main reason for price difference is the adaptability! M42 means you can use that with simple adapter on Canon EOS or Pentax K or Sony A and of course all mirrorless but x-mount is one of the most expensive system for adapting and it can be adapt only to mirrorless!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of the M42 one is better build than the one in X mount. The X mount is better for MILC as they are cheaper.