Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Trioplan 50mm catches last autumn sunrays
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Meyer Trioplan 50mm catches last autumn sunrays Reply with quote

Just after a short rain. Shot fully open (f2.9 )

Full set is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/with/15136478617/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here "European style" ...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like No. 1 and 5 most! Great images to show what this underrated and cheap lens can do!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

It is just adjusting shooting position vs foreground vs background and also getting the light into the right angle.
A simple 4-dimensional optimization, that's all... :LOL:

And here is a special one....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures, with nr 5 as the clear winner for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, the sun made that look like on fire...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a character and style!
Apart from some little details (in the third I find a little weak the focus on the subject) I find these images so rich and inspiring.
Your taste in composition is evidently assured, and what colours, and that bokeh!!
Thank you much for sharing, and I see on this forum you and other ones to present the images as lens tests.
The funny thing is that I find more interesting and valid by an aestethic point of view these many of these "tests", while on many forums where "we are all artists, technical aspect and lenses aren't interesting" is often difficult to find other than those "mainstream-all similar"
images...
All the best,
Sandro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sarrasani wrote:
The funny thing is that I find more interesting and valid by an aestethic point of view these many of these "tests", while on many forums where "we are all artists, technical aspect and lenses aren't interesting" is often difficult to find other than those "mainstream-all similar"
images...

These lenses with over corrected spherical aberration (->soap bubble background bokeh) give often very spectacular drawing of the background. This is the reason why the Meyer Trioplan 100 is getting more and more expensive. No Canon EF lens can do this!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
sarrasani wrote:
images...

These lenses with over corrected spherical aberration (->soap bubble background bokeh) give often very spectacular drawing of the background. This is the reason why the Meyer Trioplan 100 is getting more and more expensive. No Canon EF lens can do this!

Well done comparison on your site!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love that bokeh, nice samples.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Beautiful Trioplan series! Especially #5. Breathtaking!