Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what is a good year for Helios 40-2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:
I did read a thread here at mf lenses that the new 2012+ 40-2s have ~80% chance of defect.

I see where you read that. From my understanding that claim is made by the people trying to market the Somnium. I haven't run across any actual users who have been unhappy with their new Helios 40-2. I would expect if the defect level was that high there'd be a bunch of posts about it.

I wrote here what the New Meyer Görlitz guy told me about their tests. Where is the thread with the 80% chance of defect?
I don´t think New Meyer Görlitz people have much knowledge about old lenses, so I don´t think they are a member here Smile
One of them wrote about the new lenses before Photokina, I think they first tried not to tell people what lenses they optimize.
I saw one of the frist images made with, and wrote looks like Helios 40...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
themoleman342 wrote:
Quote:
I did read a thread here at mf lenses that the new 2012+ 40-2s have ~80% chance of defect.

I see where you read that. From my understanding that claim is made by the people trying to market the Somnium. I haven't run across any actual users who have been unhappy with their new Helios 40-2. I would expect if the defect level was that high there'd be a bunch of posts about it.

I wrote here what the New Meyer Görlitz guy told me about their tests. Where is the thread with the 80% chance of defect?
I don´t think New Meyer Görlitz people have much knowledge about old lenses, so I don´t think they are a member here Smile
One of them wrote about the new lenses before Photokina, I think they first tried not to tell people what lenses they optimize.
I saw one of the frist images made with, and wrote looks like Helios 40...

I just googled it and...You wrote it on September 22 2014 http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=67745&start=45
"I have no idea how bad the quality deviation of the new producted Helios 40-2 is. They claim it is very bad, I think 20% good, 80% bad - this would be a very good reason for a optimized version.
But the lens name and "Made in Germany" feels wrong for me. "
Same thread basically I guess so not a separate confirming thread.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. So this are only the New Meyer Görlitz statments, nothing from our users of the new Helios 40 production.
Do several MFlenses users have the new producted Helios 40?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80% defected - that's just BS, pardon my French.

I have a 1972 (black) version in mint condition which I bought on ebay.

The black version got a slightly improved resolution, and it will definitely fit your camera trough an M42-> whatever adapter, without any focusing problems.

So get yourself a good Helios.

Caxa2002 on ebay is not cheap, but it's quite a reliable and serious seller, with a very impressive stock of lenses!