Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya 645 2.8/110 C and some portraits
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:19 am    Post subject: Mamiya 645 2.8/110 C and some portraits Reply with quote

Grandchildren, cubbyhouses and gardening.
Some portraits at last
OH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, you are a very fortunate man. What a lovely bunch of grandkids and you captured them well. Very Happy

Regards,
Gavin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That first one is magic, you have to be very pleased with it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely photos.
What is a cubby house?
Could I adapt this lens to my canon?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Canon EOS 5D3 with 3 different Mamiya 645 lenses without any issues. Infinity focus works fine.

I recommend the best adapter you can afford, though. I use some Chinese ones for 50 Euro and they are OK. Even the AF beep works.
The Kiton one has even better mechanics but is twice the price.

The awesome thing with using a MF lens on a FF sensor is that the the effective aperture is lowered. The real aperture is of course what it says on the barrel as is the focal length. But the effective focal length and aperture are lowered.

See my photos on https://www.flickr.com/photos/sigurdruschkowski/
Most recent dozens are usually taken with a mamiya lens.

Br,
Sigurd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Mamiya 645 2.8/110 C and some portraits Reply with quote

Bokeh is not what I expected it to be. Almost a bit of swirley effect.

What apertures did you use?

Br,
Sigurd

Oldhand wrote:
Grandchildren, cubbyhouses and gardening.
Some portraits at last
OH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
Twin girls - one is a thinker and the other is a do-er............. can you tell which Very Happy
A cubby house is like a child's play house that they have made for themselves.
This one was an Indian teepee made from some found poles and a sad old tarpaulin that I was about to throw out.
All of these were shot at around f4 - apart from minor cropping, no PP
OH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigurd Ruschkowski wrote:
I use a Canon EOS 5D3 with 3 different Mamiya 645 lenses without any issues. Infinity focus works fine.

I recommend the best adapter you can afford, though. I use some Chinese ones for 50 Euro and they are OK. Even the AF beep works.
The Kiton one has even better mechanics but is twice the price.

The awesome thing with using a MF lens on a FF sensor is that the the effective aperture is lowered. The real aperture is of course what it says on the barrel as is the focal length. But the effective focal length and aperture are lowered.

See my photos on https://www.flickr.com/photos/sigurdruschkowski/
Most recent dozens are usually taken with a mamiya lens.

Br,
Sigurd

Thank you for the information. Nice photos on Flickr.