Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daddy Longlegs + Basil + dirt on sensor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Daddy Longlegs + Basil + dirt on sensor Reply with quote

I was cooking, and went out to grab some leaves of basil, when I met this guy. They're quite common around here, but this was particularly big and still, so I could go grab my nex with the mamiya macro sekor 2.8/60.
If I remember correctly, it should belong to the order of Opiliones, so it's an arachnidae but not a spider.
Since light was fading I had to use quite long shutter speed, so there could be some motion blur.
Every time I use the mamiya I am terrified by the amount of dirt I see when focusing very close.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I got distracted (taking images because the light was good) while cooking,I burnt something...excellent images,especially the lower angle ones #2.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice vivid , living captures!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not dumb, right to the most tender part of the plant - the leaf in the center... Nice pics, and a lot steady to my eyes,

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Last time I got distracted (taking images because the light was good) while cooking,I burnt something...excellent images,especially the lower angle ones #2.

Thanks Mo, luckily it was a cold side dish, so nothing got burnt :wink:
My fave is #4, because is where you can see better how similar to a tiny lobster or crab these creatures are, well, except for the legs.

Attila wrote:
Nice vivid , living captures!

Thanks Attila, the Mamiya always does a great job in these situations, the only problem is the limited working distance: I would have liked to go to 1:1 magnification to better show the eyes region, but I had to go too close, and it didn't like it.

RSalles wrote:
Not dumb, right to the most tender part of the plant - the leaf in the center... Nice pics, and a lot steady to my eyes,

Renato

Thanks Renato.
Yes, he was standing right where the new tiny leaves were growing. It's funny because it looks like it was trying to hide behind that little sprout.
The bug was so quiet that I had all the time to set up a tripod, but because of the lowish light and small apertures needed to have enough dof I had to go as low as 1/5 sec., and with some light wind the leaves were occasionally moving. However it's only seeable if you pixel peep the original files, so no big deal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look like a crab on the belly,amazing little insect.