Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fake Sonnars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Fake Sonnars Reply with quote

At least 3 different fake items from same seller .. bravo

If you believe this is real Sonnar look next sales
Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowphoto had sold many fake CZJ/ZK Sonnars. A local guys here bought few fake ones from him. I told him these are fakes but he insists they may be real. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
moscowphoto had sold many fake CZJ/ZK Sonnars. A local guys here bought few fake ones from him. I told him these are fakes but he insists they may be real. Rolling Eyes

at least they are happy Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

at least they are happy Laughing

Yes. They are real 'copies' anyway. It seems that he started improving the quality of the fakes: the Sonnar in the first link have fake CZJ 6 digit serial.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, wery nice idea! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a chat with the sovietcams.com owner, and he said that in Moscow, people are making such high quality copies, that you can`t tell the difference. They even started making copies of passports and documents of old, rare cameras Moskva-1, Fed NKVD etc..

These copies look silly, especially the black J-9 Very Happy. However, you do have to admire the way that he refurbished silver lenses. The RF J-9 looks awesome and you know it`s polished, cause the lettering is a tad faded. If he had redid the lettering, the lens would be immaculate.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Moscowphoto...

Yes, the black J-9 looks very silly, I even wonder why he did it...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The finish on the barrel of the ZK is at odds with the worn, brassed focusing lever. I wouldn't trust this even if I hadn't got it in my head they may be fakes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
The finish on the barrel of the ZK is at odds with the worn, brassed focusing lever. I wouldn't trust this even if I hadn't got it in my head they may be fakes.

This caught my eye too. It seems that his lenses are not only re-branded, but also put out of multiple copies too.