Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus E.Zuiko Auto-W 1:4 f=25mm lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Olympus E.Zuiko Auto-W 1:4 f=25mm lens Reply with quote

For sale: Olympus E.Zuiko Auto-W 1:4 f=25mm lens for Olympus Pen F/FT half-frame camera. The lens is in used but in fully functional condition. Glass without fungus or scratches. Front lens element with very faint cleaning marks. Some dust can be present. Aperture works properly. I had to re-lubricate the lens focusing mechanism. The lens focuses now somewhat past infinity to accommodate for the differences in thickness of various off-brand FT-NEX adapters. Mechanically, it works fine on the Olympus Pen FT camera and on Nex-6 with adapter. Optically the lens was tested only on the Nex-6. I can take some test-pictures. Comes with generic front lens caps. Unfortunately, I have no rear lens cap for this lens. For external appearance of the lens, please see pictures below for more details.

I am asking 125 Euros.

I will accept PayPal. I am located in Stockholm, Sweden, and will ship worldwide but shipping cost need to be discussed separately. I need to pack and weight the lens before giving the exact quote.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by Alex H on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test shots taken with this exact lens at different apertures (uploaded pictures are 1200x800 pixels). These are out-of-camera (NEX-6) ipgs re-sized with minimal sharpening and no other editing applied. Full-size shots are available upon request.

F/4.0

F/5.6

F/8

F/11

F/16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens, highly recommended, as well as the seller Wink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This item is still available.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonderful lens, great price!
a similar sized Snapshot Skopar 4/25 cost around 4 times, is more flare resistant but otherwise this Zuiko is up there and has vintage rendering to boot. I keep mine!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-uploaded pictures after the server issues. Still available.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex H wrote:
Re-uploaded pictures after the server issues. Still available.

Is this lens from the same series as the Olympus 20mm pen F f3.5? My information is that it is. Furthermore the lens is supposed to be 5 elements in 5 groups construction which is TWO lens elements and one joined surface less than the 20mm! Is this correct? The 20mm is 7 elements in 6 groups. For comparison, the Sony 16mm is also 5/5, but it is a pancake.

To me the construction indicates that this lens has higher UV transmission than the 20mm... BUT the question remains about sharpness. Have you tested it for UV photography? How is the corner sharpness in UV?

Plus please expand on what you mean by "cleaning marks"... are coatings starting to come off? Same for dust, I assume that you mean internal dust... and tell me if you have the knowledge to clean the dust for me (I have not the experience or a dust free place to do it). This is the kind of lens I am looking for (I am just starting out with a full spectrum Pm2) and we can probably come to an agreement, but you will need to explain things a little more to me as I am a newbie in this area.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do us all a favour and use the PM (personal message) for that sort of discussion between seller and prospective buyer.

Thanks for your understanding!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens is sold, please move to "Finished transactions"