Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil Cassarit 2.8 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Steinheil Cassarit 2.8 50mm Reply with quote

Looks interesting.

Last edited by Alex H on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used have one with problem in the aperture. It was given to my friend with the blades removed.

For the optically construction, I am not sure it is a Triplet. Usually, Steinheil name their triplets as Cassar(S). Is there any weak reflections found in your copy?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
I used have one with problem in the aperture. It was given to my friend with the blades removed.

For the optically construction, I am not sure it is a Triplet. Usually, Steinheil name their triplets as Cassar(S). Is there any weak reflections found in your copy?

It is certainly a triplet Calvin (Cassar, Cassarit and Cassaron are all triplets, Culmigon is 4e, Culminon is 5e),

Humulus wrote:
Some nice pictures there. The bokeh looks very Trioplan-like.

Thanks, I like it too. Maybe the Trioplan looks Cassarit-like? Laughing But well, the Trioplan came to the Market around 1914, the Cassar approx 1925, so the Trioplan looks like the older brother indeed...

The Cassarit replaced the Cassar in 1955/56 which used new glass types and a more generous glass diameter for improved illumination and correction (cited from Lens Vademecum)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the early preset version with two ears on the present ring. The Paxette version should give similar result (I have one).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exakta then (or m42)? Surprised

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, this was posted in the Digital Gallery, not the Lens section. Pictures are shown and possible discussed there - not lenses.

And it is not by coincidence that I put my work there, so I will move those lens related stuff to teh lens section, so to give
you the chance to discuss endlessly all about this tech stuff, mounts prongs and lens design and versions and coatings, you name it Wink

And this comment goes here too, making space in the original thread to discuss about, I wonder if you may have guessed it, photos.

I was guilty too, I should have stopped it right away... my bad, but I will be more rigid in future, I promise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Guys, this was posted in the Digital Gallery, not the Lens section. Pictures are shown and possible discussed there - not lenses.

And it is not by coincidence that I put my work there, so I will move those lens related stuff to teh lens section, so to give
you the chance to discuss endlessly all about this tech stuff, mounts prongs and lens design and versions and coatings, you name it Wink

And this comment goes here too, making space in the original thread to discuss about, I wonder if you may have guessed it, photos.

I was guilty too, I should have stopped it right away... my bad, but I will be more rigid in future, I promise.

You should be happy too, Klaus. People ask about information on the lens for few possible reasons.

a) They think your photos are excellent
b) They think you have in-dept knowledge on the lens and know how to use the lens
c) They think you are kind and willing to answer any related question(s)
d) ...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d). They are too lazy to look up the info Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad YOU said that Ian, and not me Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:

Well, I did say it tongue-in-cheek. Smile

I always look first, then if I can't find it, then I ask.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Well, I did say it tongue-in-cheek. Smile

I always look first, then if I can't find it, then I ask.

I agree with that Ian, although sometimes you must know where to look. More experienced users have better resources or know how to filter them out of the morass of rubbish that google search brings up.