Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nettar vs Ikonta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Nettar vs Ikonta Reply with quote

I am looking for an inexpensive 6x9 folder and I see recommendation for Ikonta, bessa Certo type's How does the Nettar compare? the prices seem to be much more reasonable and I can't see major differences from pictures on e-bay. I'd like first and foremost something simple and reliable with good IQ. If the camera was in good cosmetic condition that would certainly be a bonus.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Nettar vs Ikonta Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I am looking for an inexpensive 6x9 folder and I see recommendation for Ikonta, bessa Certo type's How does the Nettar compare? the prices seem to be much more reasonable and I can't see major differences from pictures on e-bay. I'd like first and foremost something simple and reliable with good IQ. If the camera was in good cosmetic condition that would certainly be a bonus.

I don't know anything about the Nettar, but have you considered a Moskva-4 or Moskva-5? I am suggesting this because price seems an issue. The Moskvas is great cameras, apparently made from original Super Ikonta parts. They are usually very affordable and if not too battered, they are absolutely excellent cameras.
More at: http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/moskva5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nettar is the cheaper model, no rangefinder like the Super Ikonta. But neatly built. The Novar is a very good triplet lens.
So if you want to start 120 film for low costs find a decent model with Novar or Nettar 4.5/105mm and Prontor or Compur shutter. The bellows are most times still light tight (Agfa folders seldom are).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I pulled the trigger on a 515/2 with the Tessar 105 4.5, serviced, buy it now price: 66 USD all in. I have several tessars for exakta and they seem to perform well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the better lens indeed, even the triplet Novar is good, but the Tessar wins without any doubt!
Good luck with your using the folder.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to shoot with an Ikoflex ( Novar 75mm) and a Rolleiflex ( Tessar 75mm). The Novar was a very good lens but the Tessar was a killer.