Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon D750 announced
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Nikon D750 announced Reply with quote

http://www.nikon.com/news/2014/0912_dslr_01.htm

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7222282087/nikon-d750-fx-dslr-announced

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems to be the real D 700 sucessor
i find Nikon is doing a good job by offering really different cams to different user groups: D6xx, DF, D8xx, and now D750 and if Sony comes with the 50MP chips, we already know what the D4X will have implemented

edit: i just realized no 1/8000s .....hmm, what´s about action in sunlight and fast lenses.....

Last edited by 56 DIN on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56 DIN wrote:
it seems to be the real D 700 sucessor .........................

I'm not so sure about this. It rather appears like the D600/D610 successor.
The D700 was a different beast, I tend to consider the D800/D810 as its successor.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed - see my edited post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, a lot of People was waiting for that camera,
cause the Problems with the D600 + D610.
I had both befor and both had that horrible grease-spots.
Even i'm satisfied with the Df - The D750 Looks great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you go compact with a mirror?, I`m just asking Surprised

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Did you ask me Question

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, It was more like a statement. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

if a manufacturer can manage to produce a digital full frame Pentax MX or a Olympus OM1 Smile Would be an A7 like compact camera.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a production D750 since last Friday (serial is 6002xxx), I will return it to Nikon on Wednesday (in photokina2014 Köln) so if you are interested in any hands on experiences I'll be happy to help you with replies. I am not reviewing it as a media blogger, I am just a pro testing it for possible future use.

User impressions

- 1/4000s and flash sync 1/200, mmkay that means some limitations for use because I often hit 1/8000s with f/1.4 at ISO 100, goes down to ISO 50 yes I know but still some headroom would be nice especially with brides (brides tend to wear white...)

+ very professional build quality, magnesium and carbon fibre + weather sealing

+ very good ergonomics and grip, you can see that they thought of video guys (video shooters never use straps)

+ very solid built turning LCD, the mechanism is very sturdy

+/- shooting modes control wheels are only distractive but hey, I get why they wanted to include auto/P/dummy modes and the programmable U1 and U2 (user modes) are great additions for anyone doing straight JPEG. I guess this one will become popular with the few daily press photographers still in the business (and media houses equipping inexperienced shooters to do press photography)

+ high ISO performance is solid but I sincerely doubt "first impressions" reporting a new high ISO flagship... D4s blows this thing out of the water in colors, DR and alack or amount of color noise. ADDED: No this is not a low light king, regardless of what someone reports with side-by-side tests with unbalanced exposures and uncomparable workflow

+ AF is as good as on D810 but I haven't yet given it a serious shakedown, feels promising

Last edited by Esox lucius on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ AF is very capable indeed, no problems giving this camera very tough jobs. In fact, I am convinced it's better than on D810, after doing a side-by-side AF-C 3D test of a bmx spinner in low light. Yes this camera is slightly better focusing than the already very capable focusing D810.

+ 24mpix is perfect for a pro runner-up body and too much pixels for many (honestly; what does an amateur need 36mpix for unless they constantly print large?)

+ very good new firmware and menu system with shortcuts and smart/innovative new quick options

+/- shutter life about 150,000 which is (more than) enough for amateur use but quite low for pro use 6-7 days a week 52 weeks per year... well it doesn't cost that much to replace a shutter anyway (350e for a D4/D4s shutter so can't be more for this one)

priced about 2300e, surely will sell for 2000e once supply hits shelves

I am very convinced by this camera, I did about 3,000 exposures with the D750 and the only thing that keeps me from buying it is the fact that though I run a business of 4 photographers we are ATM using D800E, D810, D4 and D4s and have enough bodies for everyone. Of course, I treat DSLR bodies as expendables so I look at the purchase of a 2300 EUR camera very differently than any amateur.

Remains to see how well Adobe Camera RAW emulates this camera, so far NX-D/ViewNX only ie. perfect RAW conversion results with horrible user interface and buggy software. I would love using 1st party RAW conversion software but when Nikon Capture NX2 was bad the newer NX-D is just simply horrible UI --> I do all of my RAW edit/convert with CS6 & Lightroom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Olympus Pen F, Minolta Vectis S100, it's possible.