Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is this a Taylor Hobson lens ???
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Is this a Taylor Hobson lens ??? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what year this lens was made ?

Who manufactured it ?

What value does it have in todays market ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Yahvel on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this a Taylor Hobson Lens ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does this lens read IB Taylor or JB Taylor ?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was William Taylor and Thomas S Taylor along with Mr W Hobson that formed Taylor Taylor Hobson or TTH. So it's definitely nothing to do with TTH or Taylor Hobson as it became known.

I am certain it is J.B Taylor of Sheffield England. He made a wood and brass full plate camera in the first few years of the 1900's. Probably in a small workshop with bought-in Vogel lenses. I expect the lens would be about 9 to 10 inches focal length . A lot of cabinet makers and small companies made these cameras especially when dry plates were introduced. J B Taylor esq. was one of many.

If it is what I suspect, I think its value would be about £150 to £200 - but only if it had a working condition camera attached to it . Otherwise £10-£25. Perhaps more if good images were taken showing its condition and a favourable wind.