Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro (Kiron)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 105mm macro (Kiron) Reply with quote

Managed to get a very nice copy of the well-known Kiron-made Vivitar Series 1 105/2.5 macro lens off a local want ad. It's one of the later versions and was in excellent condition with an FD mount. Been playing around with it for smaller flowers and objects. Really like this lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot from a fine lens.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one of the late S1 Vivitar 105/2.5s as well. Mine's in Nikon mount, which means I can use it with Canon FD as well as Canon EOS and my NEX, of course. It's a great lens, and among my half-dozen or so macro lenses, is the only one that focuses down to 1:1. That in itself makes it valuable to me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To see how it handles color in a more "normal" shot, here's one where I just adjusted the contrast a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found one at a very cheap price, turns out that's because it has a bit of fungus and something broken in the aperture mechanism.

It's away for a CLA and I can't wait to get it back Razz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my latest bargain that I bought in a second hand shop. The lens is in very good shape.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Beautiful!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had one myself at one time but sold it to go AF. Just better for me with my advancing age. Very sharp photos with this lens. I got mine as New Old Stock still is original packaging never opened. Loved it and wish now I had never gotten rid of it.