Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kaligar 6.5mm f1.9 and P. Angenieux Paris Viseur F .10mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Kaligar 6.5mm f1.9 and P. Angenieux Paris Viseur F .10mm Reply with quote

If someone can shed a little light on these lenses, what they were used for originally and if they're useful now?
So, I bought an Elitar 17mm c mount lens, and these two came with it. I did look it on Ebay (where I bought the lot for $9) and although there seem to be similar named items, they look different and seem to have different mounts.

Umm, can't seem to get the image to load. These are small lenses in silver. Smaller than the c lens

[img]http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20171/10061_lenses_1.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Kaligar 6.5mm f1.9 and P. Angenieux Paris Viseur F .10mm Reply with quote

SwampyGator wrote:
If someone can shed a little light on these lenses, what they were used for originally and if they're useful now?
So, I bought an Elitar 17mm c mount lens, and these two came with it. I did look it on Ebay (where I bought the lot for $9) and although there seem to be similar named items, they look different and seem to have different mounts.

Umm, can't seem to get the image to load. These are small lenses in silver. Smaller than the c lens

Welcome aboard!
First post you can not see what you upload.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6.5mm lens will be in d mount, for 8mm cameras, only digital camera it can be used on is the Pentax Q.

The Viseur is a eyepiece for one of the Bolex cameras.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kaligar 6.5mm f1.9 d mount
lens was made by Ichizuka optical. They made Cine lenses in the 1950's and 1960's. On 3/23/1962 they filed a trademark for the name Cosmicar. On 9/01/1967 they changed their name to Cosmicar.

It will not quite cover the sensor on the Pentax Q and Q10, but it comes close.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Kaligar 6.5mm f1.9 and P. Angenieux Paris Viseur F .10mm Reply with quote

Thank you to all.