Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 35mm/F2.8 - a good Deal?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 35mm/F2.8 - a good Deal? Reply with quote

Greetings Forum,

i've just bought in mint condition (almost new) the 35/2.8 Hexanon AR...for 59 EUR incl. Shipping...even i already have the 35/F3.5 into my Hexanon Collection, was that a good deal? I have no idea for how much that lens usually sell...

Another Question about that lens: is it made by Cosina, just like my Hexanon AR 24mm/F2.8 F22 latest Version?

Greetings
Marc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your beautiful new Hexanon lens. It's a gorgeous copy!

€59 is roughly US$77.29. That's certainly in the ballpark for a lens that nice. Hexanon lenses with correct case, caps, and (Konica metal) hood will bring bids a bit higher than those without the extras.

If that lens was made my Cosina, I'm unaware.

As a new owner of this lens you might find interesting the following thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/sweet-hexanon-35mm-f2-is-well-bid-t67425.html

and especially the third post there by konicamera.

Last edited by guardian on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that info, guardian. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
thanks for that info, guardian. Wink

No problemo. Please re-read my earlier post, which I edited.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You have to post 100 message to display this forum/topic." So i can't see that thread....but i've figured it out, my 35/2.8 copy is sadly not the latest iteration, that one went down to F22, like my 24/2.8 F22 version...and mine is the AE, elder design, much bigger, and stops down to F16 only.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon AR 35mm/F2.8 - a good Deal? Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
Another Question about that lens: is it made by Cosina, just like my Hexanon AR 24mm/F2.8 F22 latest Version? Marc

Your compact 24/2.8-22 was made by Tokina, not Cosina. Konica comissioned the manufacturing of some lenses with Tokina starting in late 1978. Your 35/2.8 is from February 1974 and was made by Konica.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two samples of this lens. I paid 40 euros for them.
I like very much the rendition of it.
On full frame there are some problems in the extreme corners, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, that's not so fine...i wanted to use that lens with a Lensturbo...onto my NEX-5 and A3000 Body.

@konicamera

yes, Tokina was the brand, i shuffled the Brand name with Cosina, just right. Wink I know, the older Konica Designs are
for sure made by Konica itself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: Konica Hexanon AR 35mm/F2.8 - a good Deal? Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
even i already have the 35/F3.5 into my Hexanon Collection, was that a good deal?

are you sure you have a 3.5/35mm Hexanon?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doomed-forever wrote:
Ooops, that's not so fine...i wanted to use that lens with a Lensturbo...onto my NEX-5 and A3000 Body.

@konicamera

yes, Tokina was the brand, i shuffled the Brand name with Cosina, just right. Wink I know, the older Konica Designs are
for sure made by Konica itself.

The problems appear in the extreme corners with my A7. Wide angles of those times have very often this weakness. Perhaps this Hexanon does it in a way which not very progressive . Usually it does not matter but for landscape photography there must be better choices. For other purposes , this lens is very good. I keep it , use it and like it.