Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SOLIGOR C/D Zoom-Macro MC 60-300mm f/4-5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: SOLIGOR C/D Zoom-Macro MC 60-300mm f/4-5.6 Reply with quote

My 30 years old SOLIGOR 60-300mm performs stunning very well together with my SONY A7! I am using mostly hand held the zoom lens with 300mm f/8 at ISO 400. I am very pleased with this "Oldtimer glass" on my Sony A7!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand Held shots with f/8 and ISO400

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Hand Held with 300mm, f/8, ISO400

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must keep reminding myself "this is a zoom lens". Usually the softness is obvious. Not here!

The Tamron 60-300 has a sharpness sweet spot at 280mm; how about this lens?

Last edited by visualopsins on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own this lens for over 30 years now, and I am really surprised, how good it works together with my Sony A7! I am using it very often sucessfully with its 300mm focal length. O.K. Soligor never had the best reputation, but I bought it based on a special recommendation of an former famous German camera and lens test expert. His name was Barnim A. Schultze. At his time, even Nikon experts from Japan were listening to his expert recommendations.

I was very pleased with this zoom lens during my CONTAX RTS III and CONTAX AX analogue period, so I've kept the well made zoom lens up to now, and I am still very happy with it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the zoom lens should be used with a sun shade only, calculated for the min. 60mm focal length of this 60 - 300mm zoom range!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: SOLIGOR Zoom 60-300mm Reply with quote

All images are hand held with 300mm at f/8 and ISO400 with my Sony A7!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At which occasion the car-train in image No.3 was?
Looks like very expensive old cares there.

I have a Tokina 60-300, which is likely the same as the Soligor.
The Tokina got a very good test result in a photo magazine back then, I bought it, and short time later it was no longer sold - but a very similliar lens was just avialable under the Soligor label.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
At which occasion the car-train in image No.3 was?
Looks like very expensive old cares there.

I have a Tokina 60-300, which is likely the same as the Soligor.
The Tokina got a very good test result in a photo magazine back then, I bought it, and short time later it was no longer sold - but a very similliar lens was just avialable under the Soligor label.

If you want to enter the Sylt island, you must take this special vehicle trains, because there is not street connection to this lovely island! Passing by, coming from the island, there was a whole row of these Mercedes 300 SL oldtimer cars on the train towards to Sylt island, home of the beauty and very rich!

I know about the TOKINA 60-300! There was also a collaboration once with NOVOFLEX, using the same optical design in a quick shooter lens!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Opal.

Were the last photos taken at 300mm or 60mm, especially the Church one ?

The last one : are these coastal antierosion concrete défenses working well and where are they located ?

I have the Tamron 60-300mm. Great zoom lens too.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Hello Opal.

Were the last photos taken at 300mm or 60mm, especially the Church one ?

The last one : are these coastal antierosion concrete défenses working well and where are they located ?

I have the Tamron 60-300mm. Great zoom lens too.

Cheers,

Hi Olivier, I am using my 29 year old Soligor 60-300mm, which is still in an excellent shape, mostly with 300mm f/8 and ISO 400 on my Sony A7! I guess, the church image was done with 60mm f/8, and the concrete defense blocks with 300mm. Both image are take at the Sylt island, at Hörnum southest point of this beautiful island! A friend of mine, also an A7 user, I had recommended this lens, but it seems to be, that he has problems with it, or he can't handle it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Opal. Very Happy

I'm afraid I found one in M42 mount in excellent condition... just bought it Confused

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:

I'm afraid I found one in M42 mount in excellent condition... just bought it Confused

M42 or some bajonet mounts, it doesn't matter, as long as the lens is properly assembled! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
Olivier wrote:

M42 or some bajonet mounts, it doesn't matter, as long as the lens is properly assembled! Wink

Sure.
I'm happy with it. Very Happy
Just my wife... Confused
Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found one of these 60-300 in my lens cupboard, and gave it a quick test around the house and during a short walk yesterday.
These are some results ...

I'm rather pleased with these results.

C U
Rafael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphael, very impressive image with this zoom Lens! Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - these images are very impressive indeed for a zoom!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shot with f/8, ISO 400 with the Sony A7 and this zoom lens

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took this little zoom on a walk in the wetlands ... very portable solution with good image quality, if you ask me ...

Mounted on a E-M1 from Olympus.

More, and larger pictures on Flickr account : https://www.flickr.com/photos/f6cvalkyrie/

C U,
Rafael

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shot with Sony A7 and the adapted 30 year old SOLIGOR 60-300mm, mainly with f/8 and 300mm, ISO 400.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful series !

This zoom lesn is really very good. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All shot hand Held with 300mm f/8 with the SOLIGOR 60-300mm zoom lens, on an SONY A7!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opal you live in an interesting place to photograph.

Nice photos as well. Very Happy