Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fences
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Fences Reply with quote

Here are two shot I took during hiking trips through the Dutch country side (although hiking is not a completely fair term in this flat nation).

The first one was taken last November with nice autumn colours, shot with my Helios 44-2.
The second one is from last March, on a very sunny day after the very mild winter, shot with my Sigma Mini Wide 28/2.8.

I always try to keep to keep PP minimal, adjusting white balance, exposure and mild contrast enhancement if needed.

I'd like to hear your thought on these two shots.

IMG_1983.jpg by chris_zeel, on Flickr

IMG_4845.jpg by chris_zeel, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone any thoughts? (after over 150 views..)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like the first shot best and nice to know Holland is flat as I hope to do some cycling with the family for 3 days around Wassenaar.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shot is excellent. The low contrast light and the way you can see the posts curve away make for a nice painterly shot with good composition. The browns and gentle greens really work well together.

I especially like how the eye starts at the in-focus pole, then follows the entire curve along the other poles, and finally takes in the whole landscape. Good stuff!

The 2nd one doesn't tell much of a story, which means the composition has to carry a lot of the weight of the photo, and for that it is a bit too generic for me personally.

Being Dutch myself I applaud your efforts to use the Dutch landscape btw. The Netherlands has its own environmental vibe, and I think it is very interesting in terms of photographic potential.