Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topman Universal mount adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Topman Universal mount adapter Reply with quote

A recent addition:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard before, thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the lens that use this adapter Click here to see on Ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember it. Not much choice of quite average performing lenses. It pretty well died a death. The BIN 28mm f2.8 price of $49.99 plus $39.99 post on ebay is a little optimistic.

You could get a proper lens for less than that, then not have to worry about finding a rarer-than-rocking-horse-poo adapter for your camera.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this range of lenses and mounts was sold under various names including Topman, Tosner, Toshiba(!) and Optomax. Lenses we've had or seen over the years include 28mm f/2.8, 135mm f/2.8, 200mm f/3.5, 28-80mm f/3.5-4.8, 75-200mm f/3.8 and 80-300mm (unknown maximum aperture). Mounts made included Canon FD, Contax/Yashica AE, Minolta MD, Nikon AI/F, Olympus OM and Pentax K.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late then never, thanks! http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=48242

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heritagecameras wrote:
Yes, this range of lenses and mounts was sold under various names including Topman, Tosner, Toshiba(!) and Optomax. Lenses we've had or seen over the years include 28mm f/2.8, 135mm f/2.8, 200mm f/3.5, 28-80mm f/3.5-4.8, 75-200mm f/3.8 and 80-300mm (unknown maximum aperture). Mounts made included Canon FD, Contax/Yashica AE, Minolta MD, Nikon AI/F, Olympus OM and Pentax K.

Topman was a tripod manufacturer
All their products were manufactured in the former MIRANDA factory

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting ... never heard of this interchangeable mount before. At least it seems to be better than the Komuranon interchangeable mount is it is independent of the f-stops.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an "Optomax MC 200mm f3.5" with that interchangeable mount, in M42 (so it takes a Sony alpha adapter).
Thought it was a fixed M42; had it for weeks before realising the metal button above the aperture ring was a mount-lock.
Mine's not an all-black lens body, there's a silver line at each end of the focus ring more like the previous non-MC models.
It is a good lens even at full aperture.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this for a Canon FD mount. took it off "by accident", and now cannot get it back on.

can any one post photos of how to remount this?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Mendolia wrote:
I have this for a Canon FD mount. took it off "by accident", and now cannot get it back on.

can any one post photos of how to remount this?

thanks

Sorry I can't help, but it's more likely to be seen by someone who can if you start a new thread with a suitable title, rather than tagging your question on to a very old thread.