Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Holiday in central Italy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Holiday in central Italy Reply with quote

1- W-Nikkor.C 2.5/35

2- W-Nikkor.C 2.5/35

3- Nikkor 24/2.8 AI-s

4 & 5- The Bookbinders
W-Nikkor.C 2.5/35

6- The Notary
W-Nikkor.C 2.5/35

7- Toymakers
Schneider Kreuznach SL Xenon 1.8/50

8- The Coppersmith
Schneider Kreuznach SL Xenon 1.8/50

9- A wide view of the Orcia river Valley, with the typical sweet hills of this area. The town in the top right is Pienza.
W-Nikkor.C 2.5/35

10- Pienza again
Meyer Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 5.5/180, heavily PP'ed with Color Efex Pro

11- A typical Versilia sight: the long wide beach with facilities, and the Alpi Apuane marble mountains on the background, and that little bit of decadence.
W-Nikkor.C 2.5/35

12- Same spot, opposite direction: the Tyrrhenian sea

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's something strange, if I try to add a description at the beginning, the post comes out empty: I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, however, I'll post some info here:

Images from 1 to 8 are taken in Città della Pieve, a beautiful little town on the hills between Toscana and Umbria regions, in the Perugia province. The night pictures (4 to 8) are taken during the Palio dei Terzieri, a ten days period in which the city reenacts the old medieval times with every sort of events, from reconstruction of markets to competitions between its three main districts - the Terzieri.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great series! I love the toymaker and coppersmith pics!

Aanything wrote:
There's something strange, if I try to add a description at the beginning, the post comes out empty: I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.

I've noted, that if one uses apostrophe sign (slanted) in the text, the post comes out blank. One must use half quotation sign (upright).
Maybe there is some bug in the software. Maybe some other signs cause trouble, too?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
Great series! I love the toymaker and coppersmith pics!

Thanks!

Gurdie wrote:
I've noted, that if one uses apostrophe sign (slanted) in the text, the post comes out blank. One must use half quotation sign (upright).
Maybe there is some bug in the software. Maybe some other signs cause trouble, too?

I don't remember what did I wrote when the post came out blank, but I'll check out for special characters next time it happens, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that I can't upload an avatar in my profile , it seems that there are some things not working well .
But , coming back on topic : I like very much this series ...apart the last two pics , the images are timeless , they remember me the pictures of the Italian painters .A pleasure to look at . Great job !

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like #2, 10 and the people shots. Such a beautiful place.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done using a nicely sharp lens (that I also have and like)!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it looks like from a movie...

Fantastic lens, I like it too

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't see the answers to the topic.
Thanks everybody for the kind words: the atmosphere was great in città della pieve, but merit for that goes to the passion and effort the citizens put into keeping alive these traditions.
The little nikkor is excellent, is the lens I'd choose to keep if I had to save only one (I recently bought also the nikonos 2.5/35, which should be basically the same lens in a different housing), and the xenon too made a very good impression to me: it has a great cinematic look, it's sharp from wide open and I like the bokeh too.