Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon XI 65mm f/1 ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Canon XI 65mm f/1 ... Reply with quote

shot my niece at very low light with this lens on Sony A7r...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really interesting look, is it a projection lens? Call it a Thambar and charge thousands...Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks much ! I don't know about the lens origins... just love fast lenses Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done!

It's a Xray machine lens, similar to that one I have http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail_sl.php?ObjektiveNr=109

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand it's a 'fixed' lens, nothing moves, no aperture or focus control, how did you go about taking this great shot?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get back an forth with camera and lens until you have the desired focus - how else?
(yes, the object could also be moved back and forth in theory... Wink )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, Bernhard, thanks much for the comments !

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
I understand it's a 'fixed' lens, nothing moves, no aperture or focus control, how did you go about taking this great shot?

Cyrano, exactly as Klaus said Smile moving back and forth with my body Smile thanks !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
get back an forth with camera and lens until you have the desired focus - how else?

Yes, thanks. I was wondering if it may be mounted on a bellows unit to track back and forth or using some sort of helicoid arrangement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyrano wrote:
kds315* wrote:

Yes, thanks. I was wondering if it may be mounted on a bellows unit to track back and forth or using some sort of helicoid arrangement.

Not with that sort of back focal length (or actually the lack of such...)