Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon Prakticar 1.8/50 first version aperture control
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Pentacon Prakticar 1.8/50 first version aperture control Reply with quote

Hi folks

I wanted to convert this lens to Sony A mount, so I removed the mount and the back of the lens, then removed the aperture lever and the electrical contacts then put it back together, minus the mount.

Everything works aside from an annoying issue with the aperture.

if you close the aperture, it doesn't do anything unless you use a pointy object to push the aperture arm inside the back of the lens anti-clockwise. Going the otherway, from closed to open, it works as it should.

I thought I could just jam the arm into not moving from the position it is at when the aperture is closed, but this doesn't work, the arm had to be able to move.

So what can I do to rectify this issue? It's like there should be a spring to return the arm but it's missing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian,

If you feel that there was an spring where it's not now, try with a tiny elastic (we call this here "elastricot" and use it here to attach little bait to hook for fishing).
If it works as intended, time to visit the lens tech or the watch repairman for searching for a tiny spring,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just not sure what's wrong, I compared it to my other copy and without taking it apart to compare, I just haven't got a clue what is wrong. Sad

Oh well, it might have to go off to a pro to be fixed. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're not in a hurry and are in love with this copy you can send it to me and I'll try to fix it for you - for free, of course,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy a chipped adapter (infinity focus) for less than £10 post paid.