Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 40-80/3.5 AEG C/Y full remove mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 40-80/3.5 AEG C/Y full remove mount Reply with quote

Dear Sirs!

I want to replace mount C/Y to Nikon F. If I unscrewed the silver screws (1 in picture), will remove base of the mount? (is black with a red dot (2 in picture).
Or screws holding something else?

Picture
fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/yaroslav-photo/album/448291/view/931475

Sorry for my bad English,
Yaroslav

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 40-80/3.5 AEG C/Y full remove mount Reply with quote

yar_electro wrote:
Dear Sirs!

I want to replace mount C/Y to Nikon F. If I unscrewed the silver screws (1 in picture), will remove base of the mount? (is black with a red dot (2 in picture).
Or screws holding something else?

Picture
fotki.yandex.ru/next/users/yaroslav-photo/album/448291/view/931475

Sorry for my bad English,
Yaroslav

Check www.leitax.com. There are conversions for C/Y 28-85/3.3-4, 35-70/3.4, 28-70/3.3-4.5,80-200/4... But doesn't have 40-80/3.5. Hope it helps.
http://www.leitax.com/conversion/contax/Vario-Sonnar_28-85/Vario-Sonnar_28-85_on_Nikon.html
I did convert several C/Y primes, but no experience on C/Y zoom. Sad
I know MMJ and MMG can be converted to Nikon F mount by replacing the Nikon F flange with a "leitax C/Y to Nikon" flange (some one is selling this flange on eBay, much cheaper). But AEG can't. Correct me if I were wrong.

Last edited by cellotone on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No issue with your English here, this is an international forum. Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To post photos from your Fotki, click on image go to <embed> and unclick box then copy link and paste. Your first pics will not show.

Good luck converting your lens. Leitax is expensive but good quality.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank all!

Conversion is good, infinity focus there is