Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Flektogon 20mm 2.8 (67mm filter does not fit)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: CZJ Flektogon 20mm 2.8 (67mm filter does not fit) Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm kind of new to this forum - I have read a lot of good topics here, but I never posted in MF topics before. I use MF lenses a lot, since they are cheap and fantastic glass. I have several good CZJ lenses, some old Soviet glass etc.
I recently bought 2 filters for my Flek 20 2.8, but they don’t fit the lens. The info I found on the web was that I should buy 67mm filters for my lens. I bought an UV and a CPL (Citiwide) filter, both are labeled as 67mm, but when I try to put them on my Flek it looks like the filter thread on my lens is more likely 70mm than a 67mm one, since the filters are too small.
But I suspect that filters aren’t really 67mm. Does anyone have any similar problems with filter fitting? Any experiences with Citiwide filters?
Thank you for your help!
Smile

Cheers!
Jernej

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This hood fits to the both FLektogon/Prakticar 20mm F2.8.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 67mm quality filter cost from $30 to $50. Cool
What to expect from a filter that cost only $3.46 (shipping included!)? Shocked
If even the inscription is incorrect, imagine the quality of the glass! Mad

A lens does not need a "protection" filter if you are careful. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick response. I guess it's the filters. I tried to measure the filter radius, but I dont have any accurate tools for this job (just a very simple ruler Embarassed ). But if my measurements are correct, the filters are actually 65,5mm. I'll try some other 67mm filters tomorrow when I get to my friends place (he has some other brands of 67mm filters).

Thank you again. It's good to know that the Flek's filter thread is standard 67mm.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald wrote:
A 67mm quality filter cost from $30 to $50. Cool
What to expect from a filter that cost only $3.46 (shipping included!)? Shocked
If even the inscription is incorrect, imagine the quality of the glass! Mad

A lens does not need a "protection" filter if you are careful. Smile

I know Smile But the quality of glass is not that bad... I'm more into the CPL filter - i don't intend to use it for protection. Smile Thank you very much for your help!

Cheers!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May long term experience about filters, nice to have any cheap one as lens cap , I found Massa branded cheap UV filter was invisible on pictures so was okay, but I did use it only once, most used brand by me B+W .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
May long term experience about filters, nice to have any cheap one as lens cap , I found Massa branded cheap UV filter was invisible on pictures so was okay, but I did use it only once, most used brand by me B+W .

Thank you for the tips, I will look more into B+W filters. I got my Flek at a very good price (120€) so there is enough left for good filters... The ones (Citiwide) I got locally and almost free. I just thought it was worth to try...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course try not harm, I use Flektogons mostly without filters, filter some cheap one just transparent protection cap allow to get light in storage , right before shoot I take filter off and right after put on just like a lens cap. B+W 67mm quiet expensive even second hand.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
of course try not harm, I use Flektogons mostly without filters, filter some cheap one just transparent protection cap allow to get light in storage , right before shoot I take filter off and right after put on just like a lens cap. B+W 67mm quiet expensive even second hand.

I usually don't want to spoil the lovely photos this lesn is capable of, but i guess I just tried to experiment a little with cheap filters Smile I am only human flesh and blood, so I guess i have a right to be wrong Very Happy Lesson learned.

Thank you all for your answers!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, don't forget that you can also use linear polarisers on m lenses, maybe worth trying to find a used heliopan, if memory serves me right 67mm was the Blad standard, and if they are good enough for hasselblad, they're good enough for anyone, please someone correct me if I am wrong, sometimes the old grey matter malfunctions!