Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta X-300 Review
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Minolta X-300 Review Reply with quote

A very late, 2014 review, of a very old, 1984 Minolta X-300 SLR camera.

Has pictures and a video if that will entice you into taking a look?

http://photographeronbudget.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/minolta-x-300-slr-review.html

I appreciate any comments, suggestions, remarks, critiques, donations, comments, suggestions, or remarks. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend at work still uses his and is waiting for the day someone will invent a 'digital' film so he can keep using it.

A few of us here have the X700 its big brother and love it. The X700 is beautiful to use and it is fairly light weight. But like the guy says in the link, without batteries it's useless.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a (very) happy Minolta user. I think i have all the different models by now.... the X570 and X700 are the most used ones here. The battery issue is not an issue at all. The LR44 is so small, there's always room for an extra pair in your bag. Besides this: the original Minolta camera strap has a little container attached to it, exactly 2 LR44s will fit in!

I always have an extra pair with me, but i never needed them (yet) Wink

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrueLoveOne wrote:
Besides this: the original Minolta camera strap has a little container attached to it, exactly 2 LR44s will fit in!

That is very interesting to know.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice write up. One bit made me chuckle, though. You say it is your first film slr after using a crop sensor DSLR, and then that you do not like a camera that will not work without batteries! Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, Skida. I like a fully mechanical camera much better.

With DSLR it's a hafta/must thing. It's not what I 'like'. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes thats how I feel about it, if we're going back to basics, the whole retro thing - lets have full mechanical! I use my SRT101 and Pentax Sp1000 regularly and I dont think I've ever even had a meter battery in them.