Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

70mm in 616 camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: 70mm in 616 camera Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with this? I have backing paper ready to tape to the back of it. If I choose to do a few extra rolls without backing paper, does anyone know a cheat sheet for how many turns each photo would need?I'm using a Kodak Vigilant Junior.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody knows ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps make a dummy film using print paper taped together to the correct length. attach it to the spool then with the back of the camera open, mark the paper at the roll-end then wind on and count how many turns it takes to get to the spool-end. Make a note how far you must wind each frame as each wind will be different as the spool fills up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
Phil, that sounds great.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact why not make your own backing paper this way - use black paper and a chinagraph or white ink pen (a cuticle pen will work - ask the wife)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where you got 70 mm film? I need a roll. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay is one source: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2054897.m570.l2632.R2.TR6.TRC2.A0.H1.X70mm+FILM&_nkw=70mm+film&_sacat=69323

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil! So black print paper will protect the film enough if I check the red window between shots?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope so, it did for me but theres many different types of black paper. I used black art paper in a pad. When I did it I put a length of 35mm film onto a 127 sized backing paper.