Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon FD 85mm 1.8 on NEX-5 and 5DMK2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:29 am    Post subject: Canon FD 85mm 1.8 on NEX-5 and 5DMK2 Reply with quote

One of my all-time favorite lenses. My Flickr gallery needs more updates, but I'm working on it! I also need to start writing down what apertures I'm using, as I can't remember any of these... Though, my gut tells me that the portraits (my girl + random goat) is f1.8, and the rest around f2. The first three are on NEX-5, the last on 5DMK2. I'm not too pleased with the way I edited the photo of goat, as the straw in his mouth looks kind of "fake"?

Editors by Retrosondre, on Flickr

Victoria by Retrosondre, on Flickr

G(l)oat by Retrosondre, on Flickr

La Passione by Retrosondre, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Canon FD 85mm 1.8 on NEX-5 and 5DMK2 Reply with quote

frogbog wrote:
... I also need to start writing down what apertures I'm using, as I can't remember any of these...

Sometimes I use a small voice recorder for that. I say image number followed by aperture setting...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea! I have a Zoom recorder, so maybe I'll finally make us of it. Either that, or I'll just use a notepad with grids.

Oh, by the way, I'd be more than happy with some c&c on my photos.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... you're using 5dmk2 so there's magic lantern available for it. It has a lot of amazing features (for manual lenses as well) but it also has built in sound recorder.
I used it for recording short memos about the photos I took with manual lenses. As I remember correctly it was saved as a *.wav file with numbering adequate to the frame that was recorded at. I had this feature connected with set button and it worked pretty nice, a lot nice for such purpose I think, than any external sound recorded.

Mateusz