Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The VmFT-System - sample shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: The VmFT-System - sample shots Reply with quote

This Thread is for showing pictures taken with different enlarger lenses and old camera lenses on the VµFT-System..

The VµFT-System is a focussing System for using this sort of lenses on any Olympus or Panasonic micro four third cam.
With that system you can use enlarger lenses like normal all purpose lenses from infinity to macro reproduction.

Also this is a great fun system for experimentel reasons.. you can connect all kind of lenses, if they are small enough to use it on our adapterplates..

Last edited by Olivier on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I begin.

H Roussel Trylor 85mm f6.8.

Last edited by Olivier on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i will follow... Very Happy

This is a projection lens from a czech 16mm cinema projector named "Meostigmat 1.4/70mm" ... some month before i did start a Thread for this lens... now it fits also to this little VµFT with an own developed Adaptor and after shorten the Tube for getting infinity...

So this means f 1.4 at equivalent of 140mm !!

And this is how the lens shines on the µFT sensor... Very Happy

Last edited by hinnerker on Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.
That shines for sure !

The Trylor is not at this level, but I noticed there are some inner traces between cemented elements.

Last edited by Olivier on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more examples... Bokeh studies from the Meostigmat..

For this lens id did start a thread at the end of 2012... there you can see the lens on different cams.

Here is a link for you...

http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-meostigmat-1-4-70-on-ff-and-nex-via-vnex-t55218,highlight,%2Bmeopta.html

Its the first time i see the lens on my new µFT cam... normally i do use the lens on APS-C and also on Fullframe A7 or 5D MKII..

Sorry for quality of images, but i am new to µFT cams and first i have to find out, how to use and find the correct options... :d

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very impressive !
Do you think there is a way to ad a diaphragm ring somewhere ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caribou wrote:
Wow, very impressive !
Do you think there is a way to ad a diaphragm ring somewhere ?

Not inside the Meostigmat - Tube... the elements are to close together.. unfortunately.

But this lens is a "fun" - lens.. and if you need an aperture, better go for a Samyang or something else at 70mm focal length.

The lens characteristic is far better on APS-C or Fullframe then on µFT...

Cheers
Henry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But outside....

Snap-on fit, variable iris, fits 46-58mm projection lenses, very handy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned, the VµFT-system mount uses a 52mm to m4/3 reverse ring.
That means that you can mount it on any camera using a 52mm reverse ring.

So, I tried it and the H Roussel Trylor 85mm f6.8 on the 5D MkII for close focusing... Not very elegant...
Indoor, high isos, handheld.

#3 1/15s - iso 1250

#4 1/8s - iso 1250

#5 1/13s - iso 2000

#6 1/25s - iso 2000

#7 1/30s - iso 2500

#8 1/50s - iso 2500 - wide open

#9 1/10s - iso 2500 - closed down

Last edited by Olivier on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next lens looks more elegant on the PEN... Very Happy

Leitz Colorplan 2.5/90mm slide projector lens, mounted on PEN E-P2 via VµFT with the reverse ring of the VµFT...

and thats the simple way to attache the lens via the reverse ring. Simply glued in the tube of the Colorplan... gives the ability to use the lens on VµFT or VNEX...

all shots are in tungsten light condition, tripod an higher Auto ISO between 250 and 1.250...

For the VµFT System its necessary to drill a 1.6mm hole screw thread a 2mm hexagon socket in the shown part of the reverse ring. This later will lock the Reverse ring on the VµFT thread..

Last edited by hinnerker on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
As mentioned, the VµFT-system mount uses a 52mm to m4/3 reverse ring.
That means that you can mount it on any camera using a 52mm reverse ring.

So, I tried it and the H Roussel Trylor 85mm f6.8 on the 5D MkII for close focusing... Not very elegant...
Indoor, high isos, handheld.

HI Olivier,

i did ask myself, if you have really adjusted the 85mm lens to infinity before?

Normally a 80mm lens on a DSLR Cam like Canon 5D MKII should work without the distance/extension tube in your picture.
All of my enlarger lenses of a focal length of 80mm (SK, Rodenstock) or other 80mm lenses from fixed lens rangefinders will work with the 6,9 or 12mm connector.

It seemed to be a bit non typical to me, where this lens has to take place away from your cam... any explanation?

Regards
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinnerker wrote:

HI Olivier,

i did ask myself, if you have really adjusted the 85mm lens to infinity before?

Normally a 80mm lens on a DSLR Cam like Canon 5D MKII should work without the distance/extension tube in your picture.
All of my enlarger lenses of a focal length of 80mm (SK, Rodenstock) or other 80mm lenses from fixed lens rangefinders will work with the 6,9 or 12mm connector.

It seemed to be a bit non typical to me, where this lens has to take place away from your cam... any explanation?

Regards
Henry

Oh, yes Henry, you're right, it's not typical at all. I used it this way for close focusing.
I mounted it without the extension tube but I failed to make it reach infinity.
I'll try again with the 6,9 or 12mm connector as you mention. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said before, without any extension ring, the Trylor reaches infinity without any problem on the 5D MkII :
Not the sexyest combo...

Last edited by Olivier on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta C.E. Lens 2.8/50

Some shots:

Crop

And it doesn't only work for close-ups:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Carsten for sharing.

Great clarity and sharpness !

On 3rd picture, bokeh is smooth but on last picture, I'm not so fond of the bokeh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the server crash, I've reloaded the Trylor sample shots.

I had to change the title because VµFT gives a blank title because of using the µ character.