Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How many times can you freeze films?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject: How many times can you freeze films? Reply with quote

I had about 5 rolls of b&w, roll of color and roll of slides in the freezer. I had to melt the freezer (don't know it's the right frase Smile) and put them into fridge.

Do I shoot them or freeze again?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a question Very Happy ! I was at the same point a week ago and decided to put them in the fridge for an 3-4hours of defreezing the freezer (also don't know if it's the right fraze Wink ).

I think that you could froze/defreeze negatives several times easily, well it's not a carrot or a meat that goes bad quickly after defreezing, but I really would like to hear others' opinions.
The important part is to store them in the sealed containers (the films usually are delivered in those little things) so moisture would not be allowed on the negative.

Hope to hear some opinions as well.

Mateusz