Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica Hexanon AR 24mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Konica Hexanon AR 24mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I won an auction on eBay for this Konica FT-1 and Hexanon AR 24mm f2.8. It cost me £29 plus postage.
The lens is the f22 version which I think was manufactured by Tokina. I already own the f16 version which is an excellent lens especially on a cropped sensor camera but is one version superior to the other as they are both optically different?

This photo is not mine but the one supplied by the seller.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://buhla.de/Foto/Konica/Objektive/e24_28.html

"..The late f22 version is said to be slightly better than the older f16 versions.."

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky you to have both - well done Edgar.
You are in a position to compare them for what you like to shoot, and it will be an interesting exercise.
Why not set up a situation where every shot is identical and do the comparison to your own satisfaction.
There are some excellent resources on the internet, but it is good to have first hand knowledge.
As an example, I have found some lenses where the internet reputation is said to be bad, but in use they have performed very well.
See how you go
Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Lucky you to have both - well done Edgar.
You are in a position to compare them for what you like to shoot, and it will be an interesting exercise.
Why not set up a situation where every shot is identical and do the comparison to your own satisfaction.
There are some excellent resources on the internet, but it is good to have first hand knowledge.
As an example, I have found some lenses where the internet reputation is said to be bad, but in use they have performed very well.
See how you go
Tom

Thanks Tom, I am planning on doing this anyway and if my aging eyes cannot detect any difference then I'll probably sell the Tokina made f22 version. Looking on eBay it seems to sell for a much higher price, I assume it is rarer than the f16 version.