Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More moon pics (Nikkor and TEWE glass)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: More moon pics (Nikkor and TEWE glass) Reply with quote

Moon pics, using the following setup (all shots wide-open, camera on self-timer mode):

First effort; the full moon shot with a TEWE-Berlin Telagon 400/4.5 on my Lumix G-1.
@ISO 100:

@ISO 640:

Second effort, one night after the full moon, this time using a Nikkor IF-ED 300/2 matched to a TC-301, again on the G-1.
@ISO 100:

@ISO 100:

@ISO 320:

Interesting comparison, especially if one takes into account also the recently-posted test shots with the 400/5.6 ED Nikkor (http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=67026&view=next)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really get them this sharp. I think the shutter shake on my nex blurs them even at 1/200th

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorgeous!
I posted a so-so one recently and its embarrassing in comparison.

What teleconverter are you using?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys!
@rudolfkremers: I used the Nikon TC-301 for the particular session.

Well, the point I was trying to make is that the old TEWE Telagon shows decent performance in comparison to the more modern and highly corrected Nikkors.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done Spyros!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Klaus!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots. It looks to me as if the photos from the next night benefited from more shadow on the moon.

Anyway, I guess we were trying to capture the pumpkin at the same night but aiming at it from different hemispheres Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice images,but the best way to do this is take video and disassemble ,then stack results into one final picture
check out both links for software needed (free)

Quote:
PIPP is a Windows application designed for pre-processing planetary images before stacking them with image stacking software such as Registax. PIPP's main purpose is to crop each image frame and select only the best quality frames to reduce the memory and processing requirements of the stacking software. For example, this would allow the best 1500 frames from a 7200 frame AVI (2 minute AVI at 60 fps) to be cropped ready for stacking by Registax. On my PC, Registax does not handle AVI files with that many frames but can easily handle 1500 pre-processed bitmap files so this is very useful.

https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/

Quote:
Registax 6 software for alignment/stacking/processing of images
Free software for alignment/stacking/processing of images

http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

even better results is to use a webcam with its lens removed and attached to your camera lens instead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kido: Thanks! Interesting note too!

@h00py: Many thanks for the suggestions, never thought of these alternatives!