Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Accura Supertel 105 TC Getting Better
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Accura Supertel 105 TC Getting Better Reply with quote

Well I decided to try my Accura 105 on my Sigma SD-9 for a couple of portraits and came up with these. I did do a little pp though.

How did I do?

Nortendo was absolutely right regarding this lens Very Happy

Thanks

Gavin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A delightful model Gavin - lucky you to have such a gorgeous subject.
The first is quite sharp with a narrow dof.
I like the light.
Beautiful lips.
The second is a little soft - maybe missed focus.
This lovely lady could easily fill a modelling session for you.
Thanks for sharing these
OH

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one is spot on. Really sharp on the eyes. The 2nd one I think the focus was off since you already showed what on focus sharpness would look like in one.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thomas and DRJ.

The SD-9 is very difficult to use use with legacy lenses. When one gets a good one it is really a good one.
The only other camera that produces such nice colors in my opinion is the K-10D.

I am really trying to improve my photagraphy skills and all the constructive feedback is very much appreciated.

That second picture is a little out of focus for sure.

Thomas, the model in the pictures is my daughter in law.

Regards,

Gavin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first portrait is really great!
Beautiful picture of very nice aldy.
Congratulations for your son.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Sigma cameras and sensors do produce some fantastic images. I agree with others here, #1 is nailed, #2 just a little soft. How do you focus with the Sigma? Is there peaking or mf assist?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well done! Pretty model!

2nd one shows missed focus, #1 is spot on!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik
No liveview or focus assist on the SD-9. Use the same technique as with my Pentax cameras is supposed to work. I think it is the glass in the viewfinder is iffy and is very difficult to focus with most lenses.. I have seen many examples from this camera from others using mf lenses with great sucess.

I get frustrated with the SD-9 and that is the reason I switched to Pentax by getting an K-50. I am very happy with my K-50 and K-10
both are excellent preformers using MF lenses.

Thanks for all the comments all Very Happy

Regards,

Gavin