Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Soligor 250mm to canon ef
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Soligor 250mm to canon ef Reply with quote

Hey!

Just recently bought an Soligor 250mm lens, and I want to find out if its possible to attach it to my Canon dslr with ef mount.

Here are some pictures of the mount on my lens:

Can anybody tell me which mount or adaptor I should buy?

Thanks!

Frederik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Soligor 250mm to canon ef Reply with quote

Frederik H.G wrote:
Hey!

Just recently bought an Soligor 250mm lens, and I want to find out if its possible to attach it to my Canon dslr with ef mount.

Here are some pictures of the mount on my lens:

Can anybody tell me which mount or adaptor I should buy?

Thanks!

Frederik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your first post pictures won't show anti spam measure

sorry i have no idea about which mount that is but somebody more knowledgeable will tell you

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KE stands for Kine-Exakta. It's Exakta mount. And there are Exakta - EF adapters that allow infinity focus without glass.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its most likely a t_mount lens.
The lens mount section should unscrew completely and let you screw on a different t mount, such as for Canon.

The only difficulty here, maybe, is that some of these may use the old Tokina 47mm pseudo t mount instead of the proper 42mm t mount.
Unscrew the mount and check that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00py wrote:
your first post pictures won't show anti spam measure

sorry i have no idea about which mount that is but somebody more knowledgeable will tell you

Thanks for reposting!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
The lens mount section should unscrew completely and let you screw on a different t mount, such as for Canon.

The only difficulty here, maybe, is that some of these may use the old Tokina 47mm pseudo t mount instead of the proper 42mm t mount.

Thanks for the answer!

Like you said the mount can be unscrewed and its 42mm. Does the price and quality of the new mount matter?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frederik H.G wrote:
luisalegria wrote:

Thanks for the answer!

Like you said the mount can be unscrewed and its 42mm. Does the price and quality of the new mount matter?

Can you buy it to cheap? Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe this works

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Confirm-Canon-Mount-Adapter-DC133/dp/B008H2I1M2/ref=sr_1_1?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h00py wrote:
maybe this works

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Confirm-Canon-Mount-Adapter-DC133/dp/B008H2I1M2/ref=sr_1_1?

No. T2 mount is not equals to M42.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find quite a few on ebay from around £10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant say if you can buy it TOO cheap. Maybe. With third party stuff like this there is always a quality risk.

Maybe there could be a problem with getting the right register distance by maybe a fraction of a millimeter (which will mean the lens will not quite reach infinity or go past infinity).
I haven't had such a case with cheap new Chinese T-mounts. But anything can happen of course.

And its possible to make the Canon mount end such that it doesn't mount properly. I have bought M42-PK flanged adapters (not T-mounts) that have the flange depth wrong so that they are unusable. Obviously, this is a case where something was "too cheap".

The other issue is metering. IIRC some Canon bodies require that the lens or lens mount be "chipped". Not knowing Canon DSLRs very much I cant say whether yours has such a requirement. There are chipped and unchipped Canon adapters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
I cant say if you can buy it TOO cheap. Maybe. With third party stuff like this there is always a quality risk.

Maybe there could be a problem with getting the right register distance by maybe a fraction of a millimeter (which will mean the lens will not quite reach infinity or go past infinity).
I haven't had such a case with cheap new Chinese T-mounts. But anything can happen of course.

And its possible to make the Canon mount end such that it doesn't mount properly. I have bought M42-PK flanged adapters (not T-mounts) that have the flange depth wrong so that they are unusable. Obviously, this is a case where something was "too cheap".

The other issue is metering. IIRC some Canon bodies require that the lens or lens mount be "chipped". Not knowing Canon DSLRs very much I cant say whether yours has such a requirement. There are chipped and unchipped Canon adapters.

Thanks again for the great answer!

Can you btw tell me, with the serial number, which company made my lens? Have heard that Soligor was made by different companies.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron (Taisei Kogaku in those days)

The type is well known and the T-serial number is definitive.

Here is mine -

http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?t=11021&highlight=%2Btamron+%2B250&sid=1a7224e546e799635e3d1082b3bfb57c